Looking for something new to read? I’m a voracious reader of just about every genre. Below I’ve listed some of my favorite reads! It’s an ever-growing list so stay tuned for more.
1. Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by Harv T Ecker. This book totally changed my life. It basically helps you retrain your brain around your relationship with money and your own personal expectations of success in the arena of money. It shows you how your thought patterns are predetermined to a degree, and then provides a systematic approach to rewiring your mindset, and ultimately your results. I’m a big fan of books with action steps for change, as opposed to just philosophical fluff, and this is a great example of one of those types of books. You are put to work as you read it, and you can see and feel results if you follow his system. I’ve probably read it 5 times, any time I feel like I need a recharge, and I’ve started to see my money habits change over time. It’s pretty amazing!
2. The Go Giver by Bob Burg and John David Mann. This is an absolute must read for anyone who wants to be better at life! It’s a great book for entrepreneurs but anyone can read it and get value from it. The idea around the Go Giver is that when you operate from an intention to provide more value than you hope to receive in payment, you’ll attract more success than you ever dreamed of. This book has been my mantra since the first day I read it. I absolutely love it. The more you give, the more you get!
3. The E-Myth Revisited by Michael Gerber. I am obsessed with this book. It speaks to the issues of the entrepreneur and ‘one-man band’ approach to growing a business, something I did (with a lot of stress!) for 8 years. I read this after hiring my first team member, so the timing was pretty spot on, but I wish I’d read it years earlier. If you are starting a business, or are already self-employed, please do me a favor and read this book! It’s a total game changer, and will save you years of heartache and burnout I wish I’d avoided!
4. The 7 Levels of Communication by Michael J Maher. This is a must read if you’re in the mortgage or real estate business, as it provides action items to grow your business and have an overall better quality of life, but I know many non-real estate business owners who have read it and loved it too! As with Secrets of the Millionaire Mind, you walk away fired up and ready to take action on what you’ve learned. I’ve read this one easily 5-6 times over the years, and it never ceases to spark an idea or simply put me back on course. Growing a business as an island is hard, and books like these are crucial to staying the course!
5. The Power of Less by Leo Babauta: This is one of my original favorites when I first started reading books to help me grow as a person or a business owner. The Power of Less focuses on the importance of simplifying in every area of your life, and has a few great nuggets to help you become more efficient and effective at work, through simplification. It’s great if you need help getting organized or being more productive. There’s a theme here, but for the good ones, I highlight and read the highlighted sections over and over, and this is one of those books that’s got tattered covers from many reads!
6. The Miracle Morning for Real Estate Agents by Hal Elrod and Michael J Maher. (Side note here- this was a follow up to the Miracle Morning, which I have not read, but would assume is just as amazing if you aren’t looking for a real estate book.) If you read the 7 Levels of Communication, this is a follow up to that book, so the characters and story line continue. But the philosophy of the Miracle Morning is an absolute game changer. If you’re someone who’s “not a morning person,” then we had something in common before I read this book. When I say this book completely changed my life, and my results, I am not exaggerating! I’ve come to love the morning, which is crazy! And since reading this book about one year ago, I’ve grown an amazing team for my business, written a book, started a blog, bought a mountain house, become a better mom, taken more vacations, saved more money, the list goes on. Goals are getting accomplished. The Miracle Morning DOES work if you want to accomplish more than you ever thought possible!